The essential journalist news source
Win a car and help Air Ambulance save lives





16 August 2019

Win a car and help Air Ambulance save lives


Uckfield residents and visitors will have the chance to learn more about the life-saving work of Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (AAKSS) and win a brand new Mini when the charity brings its annual car raffle roadshow to the area.

Members of the AAKSS fundraising team will be at Waitrose on 22 and 23 August to meet the public and explain how the raffle is helping support vital life-saving time critical emergency care for people who live, work, or travel through the area.

The winner will be able to choose from one of five Mini models, supplied by Barretts Mini, based in Canterbury, with the runner-up winning £1,000 and £250 for the third prize.

The air ambulance is almost entirely reliant on support from the public in order to fund its round-the-clock operations. Last year its crews of pilots, doctors and paramedics flew nearly 2,500 missions with more than 90 per cent of its operating costs raised from donations, legacies, and fundraisers such as the Mini raffle.

Tickets will be priced at £5 each. Last year, the car raffle raised more than £220,000 - enough to pay for more than 60 missions.

If residents are not able to get there on the day, they can still support the air ambulance's work by entering online at The draw will take place on 20 November 2019. 



For further information please contact:

Alice Burgess at Maxim PR

Tel: 01892 513033



Notes to Editors


          Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (AAKSS) is a Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) that operates out of Redhill and Rochester


          AAKSS serves a population of 4.7m people plus those that travel through the area


          Its crews of pilots/co-pilots operate three helicopters and fly 2,500 missions a year with onboard medical assistance provided by doctors and paramedics


          It was the first UK Air Ambulance to operate 24/7


          The service relies almost entirely on donations from the public


          Of the more than £11m needed to sustain the service, 92% is raised by public donation and fundraising with the remaining 8% provided by the NHS


For further information visit: