BeA bids farewell to longstanding team member
BeA, the specialist manufacturer of fastening tools and consumables for construction and industry, has said farewell to a longstanding member of its team.
Chris Ibbotson retired from the business at the end of March after 15 years loyal service.
During his time with BeA, Chris worked as a member of the company's nationwide, field-based sales force as a technical sales representative.
Responsible for a territory which covered West Yorkshire and neighbouring areas of North Yorkshire and Lancashire, Chris played a vital role in helping customers to benefit from BeA's extensive range of high performance, highly reliable products.
These products includes pneumatic, electric and gas powered hand tools, machine mounted modular tools, and a market leading array of nails, staples, screws and other fasteners.
Over the course of his career with BeA, Chris became a well-known figure across a diverse customer base that included businesses involved in furniture and bedding, fencing and garden buildings, pallet manufacturing and refurbishment, off-site construction and the wider construction industry.
Chris now plans to make the most of retired life by spending more time indulging in some of his hobbies such as fishing and DIY as well as developing his limited guitar playing skills.
First of all, however he plans to take a two week holiday with his wife to Dubai.
Speaking of his retirement, Chris said: "I'm sad to be leaving BeA but at the same time I'm obviously looking forward to my retirement.
"BeA has been a fantastic company to work for especially given its global and highly respected nature. I've also been fortunate enough to enjoy a role where every day has been different and where you're always facing fresh challenges and learning something new."
He continues: "I'll miss the people the most. I've had some great customers and colleagues."
John Mercer, managing director at BeA, adds: "Chris has been a valued member of the BeA team for a decade and a half. During that time, he's made a genuine contribution to our on-going success and growth. He'll be sorely missed and we wish him all the best for the future."
- ENDS -
BeA Chris Ibbotson retirement.jpg
Fond farewell.BeA, the manufacturer of fastening tools and consumables for construction and industry, is saying goodbye to Chris Ibbotson who retires after 15 years of service.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- BeA is a global manufacturer of fastening technology for a wide range of industries including construction, furniture production, automotive, packaging, landscaping, bedding, transportation and many others.
- BeA's products range from automated fastening systems for modern speed, high efficiency production lines to nail guns, nailers, heavy duty staplers, tackers, pinners, industrial screwdrivers and hot melt technology.
- The business also manufactures a wide range of accessories and consumables including screws, nails, staples, timber connectors, gas fuel cells and compressed air products.
- BeA was founded in Germany in 1910 and has its global headquarters in Ahrensburg. Its UK head office and distribution facilities are located in Woodmansey, East Yorkshire.
- For over 100 years, BeA has rigorously maintained a commitment to technical excellence and true precision German engineering. Its products are tried and tested in applications across the world where failure is not an option. The business is also accredited to ISO 9001 standard and certified by the German TÜV.
- More information on BeA and its extensive product range can be found at www.bea-group.com