Make MOR of your Great British BBQ with MOR Sausage recipes
It wouldn't be a BBQ without a pack of sausages sizzling away on the grill. But you needn't stick to the same old staples; MOR Sausages are perfect for experimenting, whether you're in the kitchen or cooking up a storm outdoors.
We make MOR with unique blends of high-quality British meat, tasty vegetables, herbs, and spices, which ramps up the flavour and, even better, means they contain less fat than traditional pork sausages. So, when it comes to BBQs, our sausages are ideal if you'd like to try something fresh, exciting, and that little bit healthier.
We've included some exciting BBQ ideas - including an original recipe - for you to try, and they're sure to delight your guests at your next summery, weekend lunch or big garden party. Whatever's on the menu, don't forget to deck the table with a big jug of sparkling elderflower cordial and plenty of cool craft beers - and make this BBQ season one to remember.
Forget bright, red ketchup and limp onions, and get creative with our BBQ sausage serving suggestions. We've included exciting ideas for three of our MOR Sausage flavours, so experiment with relishes, try unusual sauces, and feel inspired by flavours from all over the globe.
If you're feeding a crowd, simply double (or triple!) the quantities, pop the deconstructed wraps on the table with your favourite sides, then let friends and family help themselves.
1 pack MOR Moroccan Spiced Pork, Cauliflower, and Chickpea Sausages
3 large wholemeal tortillas
25g pomegranate seeds
1 gem lettuce or other salad leaves
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 tbsp harissa paste
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
¼ sweetheart cabbage, finely shredded
1 carrot, finely shredded
½ cucumber, finely shredded
1 tbsp golden raisins, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Ras el hanout paste
1. Start with the coleslaw. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey and Ras el hanout paste, then add the cucumber, carrot, cabbage and raisins and mix well. Put this to one side for now.
3. If you're assembling the wraps before serving, spread each with a little houmous before adding the salad leaves, coleslaw and sausages. Finish with a drizzle of natural yoghurt and harissa paste, then sprinkle over some pomegranate seeds and coriander to finish.
4. Alternatively, if you'd like your guests to be able to pick and choose their toppings, set everything out in bowls to be passed around the table. Spread around your favourite sides, then gather everyone around to get stuck in.
- Use a vegetable mandolin to finely slice the vegetables. If you don't have one, a cheese grater will do - just be careful not to grate the centre of the cucumber.
- To warm up the tortillas, try toasting them lightly on the barbecue before serving.
For sampling arrangements, interviews, or further information, please contact Beth Stanford on Email:email@example.comTel: 0115 956 4110 Mob: 07487 268 857.
Notes for editors
MOR are made for people who love sausages but are keen to try something new, exciting, and premium. Reducing the meat content and introducing vegetables, herbs and spices makes MOR more flavourful and versatile than traditional sausages. They're perfect for use in recipes ranging from tagines to pasta, and our recipes have been lovingly created by our own development chef. Healthy qualities including lower fat than traditional pork sausages also ensure that MOR fit well into a balanced diet, so consumers can enjoy more of their favourite comfort food without the guilt. MOR launched on the 3rdof April, exclusively at Tesco.